Description: We are looking for a candidate with a BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent, who has hands-on experience with scientific computing at HPC scale. The candidate will be part of the Biocomputing Unit (BCU) at the National Centre for Biotechnology (CNB-CSIC) where the main task will be to manage the computing infrastructure (on site and remotely) and assist in the deployment and configuration of scientific software.
Background: INSTRUCT ERIC is the European Strategic Initiative in the area of Structural Biology. It is organized as a distributed infrastructure with “Instruct Centers” and the BCU hosts the “INSTRUCT Center for Image Processing in Biology”.
BCU is well known in the area of 3D-EM, with over 200 publications in the area and huge contributions to open source scientific software, like Scipion and Xmipp.
For further information go to INSTRUCT Image Processing Center or Biocomp web sites.
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
- Automation skills (bash, python…)
- Experience in Linux and HPC environments
- Experience with Graphical Processing units (GPU)
- Medium level of proficiency in written and spoken English
The following skills are considered a “plus”, but are not essential:
- Experience in assisting open source software development teams (GitHub, documentation, user support, collaboration tools…).
- Experience in Virtualization: Docker, Virtualbox
- Experience as Storage Administrator (SAN / NAS, distributed filesystems)
- Experience in Cloud (Amazon AWS)
- Experience in Purchase Management (public sector)
Interested candidates should send their CV’s and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org