Description: We are looking for a candidate with a BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent, who has hands-on experience with scientific computing at HPC scale. The candidate will be part of the Biocomputing Unit (BCU) at the National Centre for Biotechnology (CNB-CSIC) where the main task will be to manage the computing infrastructure (on site and remotely) and assist in the deployment and configuration of scientific software.
Background: INSTRUCT ERIC is the European Strategic Initiative in the area of Structural Biology. It is organized as a distributed infrastructure with “Instruct Centers” and the BCU hosts the “INSTRUCT Center for Image Processing in Biology”.
BCU is well known in the area of 3D-EM, with over 200 publications in the area and huge contributions to open source scientific software, like Scipion and Xmipp.
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
- Automation skills (bash, python…)
- Experience in Linux and HPC environments
- Experience with Graphical Processing units (GPU)
- Medium level of proficiency in written and spoken English
The following skills are considered a “plus”, but are not essential:
- Experience in assisting open source software development teams (GitHub, documentation, user support, collaboration tools…).
- Experience in Virtualization: Docker, Virtualbox
- Experience as Storage Administrator (SAN / NAS, distributed filesystems)
- Experience in Cloud (Amazon AWS)
- Experience in Purchase Management (public sector)
Interested candidates should send their CV’s and letter of interest to email@example.com